You need a Wolfram ID to participate in the Wolfram Demonstrations Challenge
It's free, totally worth it, and we promise to treat your information confidentially.
Don't Have a Wolfram ID?
Get yours here! In addition to entering the Challenge, your Wolfram ID provides you single login access to Wolfram resources in future.
24/7 access to your product downloads and upgrades
Single login to other Wolfram services
Notifications about special offers
Faster store checkout
Official Rules for the Wolfram Demonstrations Challenge
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Participants, aged 18 and up, are eligible to win a prize ("Prize") after submitting a completed Wolfram Demonstrations Challenge Entry ("Entry"). By entering this Wolfram Demonstrations Challenge ("Challenge"), participants agree to accept and be bound by these Rules.
2. ENTRIES: On April 4, 2011, Wolfram Research, Inc. ("Wolfram") will launch the Challenge Website ("Website") and begin the Challenge. Participants may then use their Wolfram ID or register for a Wolfram ID and submit entries via the Website until 5pm U.S. Central time April 18, 2011 ("Entry Deadline"). All entries must be submitted via the Website submission form, and received by Wolfram prior to the Entry Deadline. There is a limit of one entry per Wolfram ID. The first 100 participants who submit an acceptable Entry will receive a paper "Spikey" kit with a special set of instructions on how to assemble their Spikeys. Spikey shipments will be made shortly after submission.
3. CHALLENGE ENTRY CRITERIA: The Entry must be completed in full. Partial submissions will not be accepted.
4. WINNER DETERMINATION: Winners will be selected randomly from completed entries by Wolfram after the official end of the Challenge.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified by Wolfram within one week after the Challenge ends, via the email address provided through the Website's submission form. At Wolfram's sole discretion, a replacement Winner may be selected if: (i) any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (ii) a Winner declines his or her prize, or (iii) a Winner is determined to be ineligible for any reason.
6. PRIZES: Winners will receive the prizes indicated on the Website. In the event that the prize is a type which a Winner cannot use because of licensing or other technical issues, the Winner shall have two options: a) assign, but not sell, the prize to a colleague or associate or b) accept a replacement prize of equal or lesser value as offered by Wolfram. Winners are responsible for the reporting and payment of all applicable taxes incurred by the acceptance of any prize.
7. PUBLICITY: By entering this Challenge, participant grants Wolfram and its designees the right, unless prohibited by law, to use their names, cities of residence, and biographical information, without compensation, notification, or permission, for the purpose of advertising and publicity in any and all media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity. Further, participant grants Wolfram and its designees unlimited, sublicensable, exclusive, perpetual, and worldwide right to use any submission materials, including images, images or other photographic representation of themselves, for the purpose of running the Challenge or any advertising and publicity thereof in any and all media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity.
8. WINNERS' NAMES: Once the Winners have been determined, the winning names will be posted online on the Challenge Website.
9. ISSUES OF LAW: UNITED STATES OF AMERICA LAW SHALL APPLY. SPECIFICALLY, THE ILLINOIS COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. The Challenge is void where restricted or prohibited by law.
10. Employees of Wolfram Research, Inc., Wolfram Alpha LLC and immediate family members and/or members of their household are not eligible to participate in the Challenge.
Mathematica » The #1 tool for creating Demonstrations and anything technical.
Wolfram|Alpha » Explore anything with the first computational knowledge engine.
MathWorld » The web's most extensive mathematics resource.